Rapid growth means that we are now looking to expand the team to further develop our capabilities and capacity. This is a fantastic opportunity to work with and learn from senior leaders. Successful candidates will already have experience in B2B marketing management/consulting and will be looking for the next step in their career. They will have a proven track record either in-house or through a consultancy of planning and/or overseeing the execution of a range of B2B marketing activities along the lead lifecycle, particularly using marketing technologies. We are looking for individuals who have the marketing insights and experience to understand the challenges of, and effectively advise, client stakeholders at all levels.
The Primary Purpose of Your Role
The Marketing Consultant acts as a client project lead working in partnership with the business lead and technology team; is on the front line to understand and address the client marketing challenges; provides marketing subject matter expertise to the client and technical lead during the project; and guides the marketing element of solutions (e.g. nurture programmes, lead scoring models, campaign process, etc). This role works collaboratively with clients, technology lead/consultants, business lead and, on large projects, other marketing consultants.
This role will suit an ambitious B2B marketing team player who wants to be challenged and stretched with the opportunity to really make an impact on mission critical projects within our clients.
It is also a great opportunity to join WoolfHodson during an exciting period of expansion with commensurate opportunities as the business grows.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Work directly with our customers to understand their needs, provide recommendations and demonstrate the value of the work we deliver
- Support in the design of robust marketing solutions that are at the front edge of current thinking and fully meet the customer’s objectives
- Lead client projects:
- ensure team is supported and delivers to established time, costs and quality expectations
- ensure clients are well informed/engaged with the project, issues are escalated, outcomes are clear and project expectations are well-managed for success
- Lead the completion stages of marketing solution delivery, including quality assurance, documentation, enablement and handover to the client
- Support in the definition and refinement of new and existing WoolfHodson products
- Support the sales process by providing marketing insight
- Deliver extensive knowledge and insight to WoolfHodson through planned and ad hoc ongoing industry/marketing research and analysis
Your Personal Attributes
- Excellent communication skills and comfortable conveying marketing and technical information to a variety of audiences (marketing, sales, technical, non-technical, etc)
- Able to demonstrate capability of understanding marketing data to generate insights, drive strategy and impact business outcomes
- Comfortable capturing and understanding client requirements and translating these into detailed marketing requirements
- Strong organisational and motivational skills, able to drive progress on projects through others and alignment/expectation management with the client
- Understanding of what good marketing, marketing operations and martech looks like, with ability apply this understanding to recommendations, and communicate these recommendations effectively to clients
- Selfless team player with the ability to balance competing demands by prioritising, planning and working at pace
- Curious, keen to learn and apply those learnings to future projects
- Demonstrable client engagement experience preferred but client-side applicants with requisite experience are welcomed
Your Marketing Skills
- Marketing, Business or related degree (1st or 2:1)
- 5+ years in a marketing role, with at least part of that as an in-house B2B marketer with at least some end-to-end lead management responsibilities
- Ability to understand data and apply analytical skills to generate marketing recommendations specific to client needs, organisation and best practices
- Able to demonstrate a knowledge of at least one B2B Marketing Automation / CRM platform
- Ability to deliver marketing solutions involving process design with clear and viable technical requirements
Digital transformation is acknowledged as a key driver for change across all businesses. If you want to be at the forefront of this exciting area, then we would love to hear from you. Please forward your CV and remuneration details to firstname.lastname@example.org
For all the latest WoolfHodson news, including vacancies and events, follow us on Linkedin and Twitter.